Why Choose OVHcloud for your HPC needs?
Why Choose OVHcloud for your HPC needs?
Is A Hosted Private Cloud Right For You?
A hosted private cloud offers a lot of benefits. It provides enterprise-level flexibility and customizability enough to support the most demanding and complex data workflows. However, in many cases, the onus is on your IT team to manage its infrastructure, security, storage, disaster recovery, and computing needs as well as overseeing the regulatory environment.
These added layers of complexity are prohibitive for some companies in many ways, but keep in mind, not all private cloud hosting is created equal.
Our Experience is Your Asset
Working with a cloud provider like OVHcloud gives you many advantages over using your in-house team. We are one of the best-known private cloud providers in the world and widely known for our expertise.
Our cloud specialists work with some of the world’s biggest organizations that trust us to deliver best-in-class technology and exceptional customer service. No matter what your HPC needs might be or what industry you are involved in, we will design a solution to meet your needs.
Choosing a Hosted Private Cloud Provider: Considerations
Of course, these days, you have plenty of choices in private cloud providers, and most of them offer a very similar range of services. However, there are a handful of concerns you should be aware of going in to be sure you’re making the best decision for your needs.
Here are a few critical considerations to ponder before making your final choice:
- Data Center Location. Current data regulations are often quite strict about where data is held. Even if you’re not in a high-compliance industry, it is critical to have some flexibility in this. Different countries have different laws, and you will have to comply with mandates, both in the region your data is located, and those of your customers, wherever they are in the world. Some of the most important regulatory frameworks are Europe’s GDPR and the Homeland Security Act in the United States. OVHcloud operates 28 data centers in seven countries worldwide and retains full control of our infrastructure and resources.
- Interoperability. Integrating your existing systems with your new cloud infrastructure is critical to your business continuity. Think about the technology and systems you are using today as well as what you expect to happen in the future. Ultimately, you’ll want the migration and transition to be seamless with as few complications as possible. You need to know what data exchange protocol your new cloud provider supports to ensure compatibility. OVHcloud offers total flexibility and 100 percent dedicated resources, which can be customized to your specific needs.
- Reliable and Familiar Technology. The last thing you need when you’re getting ready for a major migration is to learn new software or adapt to new processes. OVHcloud supports a familiar VMware foundation, ensuring your team and ours speak the same language. Such familiarity reduces the potential for downtime and promotes a smooth and easy transition.
- Automation. Automating everyday IT tasks helps you do more with your time and resources, reduces support tickets, and sends value straight to the bottom line. OVHcloud allows you to automate many tasks, such as provisioning, disaster recovery, reporting, monitoring, and authentication – all from a single pane of glass.
The OVHcloud Advantage
As a premier global cloud provider, we are trusted by some of the world’s most powerful and successful organizations to handle their HPC computing needs. We work with all kinds of companies, from ISPs to educational institutions, hospitals, and government infrastructure.
The Trust Factor
Our systems comply with even the most stringent privacy and data protection requirements, giving you peace of mind that your vital data is safe and protected in the cloud.
We treat every single one of our clients as an MVP. That means all of our customers have the advantage of the same trusted service that so many have come to rely on. Since we own and operate all of our infrastructure, we are better able to ensure high levels of trust, transparency, and legal compliance.
Lastly, you can always be sure that your systems are operating as usual with a guaranteed uptime of four nines or better.
To back our promises and to offer even greater peace of mind, we maintain multiple international compliance certifications, including:
- Type 1 HIPAA and HITECH
- PCI Data Security Standard (DSS)
- ISO/IEC 27001: 2013
- And many more
Predictable Pricing Models
One of the most significant barriers to private cloud adoption for some companies is the cost. Unlike public cloud or shared cloud environments, HPC has a reputation for being exceedingly expensive. However, OVHcloud offers a different way of doing business that makes more sense from a financial standpoint.
Our transparent pricing models are based on consumption, so you can look forward to a more predictable IT spend and more accurate forecasting. You can eliminate overspending on underused data centers that you will only need if disaster strikes. If you are experiencing a sudden scale, resources can be added instantly to handle the additional load. Because your cloud is hosted, you won’t even have to think twice about it as our team handles every detail.
Most companies today cite cybersecurity as a primary concern. The trouble is, security is often an add-on for private cloud plans. We aim to take the complexities out of managing your data. Our security team is among the best in the business, offering up-to-the-minute expertise on the latest threats and the best solutions. We pride ourselves on being one step ahead of malicious actors, assuring you of next-gen protection from DDoS and revenue-interrupting cyberattacks.
OVHcloud leverages the latest security technology and appliances to ensure your systems are protected at all times. Our team implements the latest security policies and patches so you can sleep a little easier at night, knowing that no matter what happens, you are under our watchful eye.
We offer end-to-end disaster recovery and backup solutions to meet every need. We have partnered with Veeam, VMware, and Zerto to provide you with what we feel are the best backup, recovery, and security technologies available today.
Depending on the solution you choose, you can enjoy continuous backups that allow you to customize your data restore options. If a catastrophic event should occur, your backup is immediately transferred to a second data center where it becomes available immediately. As a result, downtime is minimized, and your systems stay up and running despite the loss.
In closing, choosing the right hosted private cloud provider might not seem straightforward on the surface, but when you consider the level of trust, security, and ease of operation that OVHcloud offers, the choice is made simple.
For questions on setting up a Hosted Private Cloud (HPC), or for more information, contact the experts at OVHCloud today.