Fast, dedicated, low-latency connection from on-premises data center or co-located infrastructure
OVH provides private, dedicated, high-throughput connectivity for your on-premises data centers. By connecting them to OVH or cross-connecting from co-located infrastructure, you get low latency, better security, and higher bandwidth.
Direct and dedicated connectivity for your data centers
Hybridity between on-premises and vCloud Air
- Use Direct Connect with your Dedicated or Virtual Private Cloud infrastructure and the Hybrid Cloud Manager to extend or replace your data center, or recover your data after a disaster.
Secure, high throughput
- Direct Connect is a private, high-throughput, dedicated connectivity option available with vCloud Air — in addition to standard VPN connectivity options. By working with leading network service providers (NSPs), OVH establishes high-throughput and secure links from customer data centers — in a remote location or at the same co-location facility — to vCloud Air Dedicated Cloud, Disaster Recovery Cloud, and Virtual Private Cloud instances.
- Direct Connect for Network Exchange supports key network service providers offering network exchange connections into select vCloud Air locations.
Network contention avoidance
- If your applications require high throughput and consistent network presence, you could face contention issues using a standard internet connection. You need a reliable, safe, and fast connection from your on-premises data center or co-located infrastructure to your vCloud Air environment. vCloud Air not only overcomes connection challenges, but it also meets compliance requirements for a clear and dedicated line between your data center and cloud environment.
- Faster than your standard internet connection
Enable smooth three-tier applications, minimize your disaster recovery RTO, and quickly move large amounts of data between your data centers and vCloud Air. Direct Connect supports up to 10 Gbps connections for Dedicated Cloud and up to 1 Gbps for Disaster Recovery and Virtual Private Cloud.
- Make the cloud part of your corporate VPN
- Securely extend your corporate MPLS VPN to vCloud Air through a dedicated link to simplify network connectivity of distributed development teams and remote offices.
- Low latency
- Our connection-oriented virtual circuits ensure packets arrive in the correct order. This improves performance for latency-sensitive applications such as voice/video.
- Custom compute, storage, or network
- Expand the ways you use your vCloud Air environment by connecting to specialized intrusion detection and prevention appliances or adding custom storage solutions.
- Streamlined provisioning and billing
- By providing the port and cross-connect to simplify your billing relationship, OVH helps you get the most value from NSPs.
Direct Connect Termination Points
Direct Connect is available to support both site-to-site private line connectivity and cross-connections from co-located infrastructure.
- US-Northern California:
- CenturyLink Technology Services, Santa Clara, Calif.
- SwitchNAP, Las Vegas, Nev.
- US-New Jersey
- CenturyLink Technology Services, Jersey City, N.J.
- Digital Realty Trust, Richardson, Texas
- CenturyLink Technology Services, Sterling, Va.
- Equinix, Frankfurt, Germany
- United Kingdom
- Equinix, Slough, Berkshire, England
Direct Connect supports both site-to-site private line connectivity and cross-connections from co-located infrastructures.
Direct Connect for Network Exchange supports network exchange-based connections from on-premises data centers into vCloud Air.
How to Buy vCloud Air powered by OVH
Take a look at our convenient, flexible options to meet your business needs.
Ready to get started?
We’ll be happy to call you!
Please enter your name, email address and phone number along with any other information that will be helpful to get you started. An OVHcloud expert will give you a call back as soon as possible. For immediate assistance please call +1(844) 325-6233.
Sending your request...
Thank you! We’ll call you soon!
An OVHcloud expert has been notified of your request. We’ll return your call promptly, within normal business hours.